UCF is inviting applications to fill the positions of Community Conservation & PACE Officer (1 vacancy), and Project Officer (1 vacancy)
The Uganda Conservation Foundation is a UK charity and Ugandan non-profit, registered locally as Uganda Conservation (U) Ltd. UCF’s mission is to support in safeguarding Uganda’s natural heritage and regional development by implementing practical conservation and regional development programmes, influencing policy-makers and engaging the public. We work closely with the Uganda Wildlife Authority, and have projects in and around the protected areas in the country.
UCF is an implementing partner in the UK Aid Match project titled “Wildlife Protection and sustainable livelihoods for communities neighbouring Murchison Falls Protected Area, Northern Uganda.” This project is being funded by the UK government and Tusk Trust.
The above positions are field-based positions and the successful candidates will have lead responsibility for executing the Tusk Trust-UCF components of the project. These components include but not limited to facilitating vocational training scholarships, implementation of the Pan African Conservation Education (PACE) programme, and development of community-park relations with the Uganda Wildlife Authority.
The candidates will be contracted for the three years of the project and should have extensive experience of field-based conservation and community development work
We have inspired the communities and authorities of Uganda to take responsibility for governing the interactions between human and natural systems.
We enable and develop regional economies, in and around Uganda, in order to safeguard its natural heritage of global importance. We do so by enabling and implementing practical conservation and community interventions, influencing policy-makers and engaging the public.
- Effective: our projects produce tangible results that impact wildlife and communities positively for the long term; as per the Americanism “we get shit done”.
- Practical: we are known for being hands-on, getting straight to the nuts and bolts of a problem and developing the solution from the bottom-up.
- Agile: our small and efficient structure allows us to remain flexible, aligning our approach directly to the need.
- Enabling: we offer expertise and management skills to help others implement projects with common goals, and empower local communities, the general public, conservation stakeholders and government to develop capacity and influence change. We respond to identified needs, we don’t force our opinion on our stakeholders.
- Integrity: We inspire trust from communities, stakeholders and donors alike, from many years of working alongside them. We are committed to our vision and not afraid to challenge the status quo. We operate to the highest international standards in our governance and financial accountability.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including two referees to email@example.com by 5:00pm East African time on Friday 30th October 2020. Address your application to Michael Keigwin, Project Lead Uganda Conservation Foundation. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject header of your email.
Late applications will not be considered.
UCF is an equal opportunities employer.
The full job descriptions are included in the attachments below.