Uganda Conservation Foundation (UCF) is a not for profit organisation registered in the UK and Uganda which is dedicated to protecting Uganda’s national parks, protected areas and conservancies. We do this through a range of projects which include:
- Recovering and reconnecting neglected protected areas and supporting the recovery of their wildlife populations
- Mitigating human – wildlife conflict
- Improving livelihoods of communities close to protected areas.
We work in close collaboration with our partners, primarily international conservation and development organisations. We area practical, results-oriented organisation. What we promise, we deliver and this has helped to earn and cement our reputation with the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) our primary partner.
UCF is efficient in its working methods and its use of funds. UCF ensures it maximizes the funds reaching field projects and minimizes its administration and non-value-add activities to industry-low levels.
UCF is a small, dynamic and proactive organisation. In consultation with UWA, we are able to react expeditiously to provide support and solutions to conservation challenges.
UCF accepts decisions made by the relevant authorities and shows the good will to then work with them, where possible mitigating negative impacts and ensuring legacy benefits.
UCF is able to embrace change, particularly when change is inevitable
UCF is an equal-opportunity employer.
What we are not
- We are not a third party project fundraiser or donor, though we do on occasion support suitable projects with our relevant fundraising contacts.
- We do not involve ourselves in commercial tourism, rather we work towards developing an enabling environment where tourism can succeed and be sustained.
- We are not a civil advocacy or canvassing entity.
- We are not political.
- We are not a research organisation, although some projects by definition involve a certain amount of data collection and analysis.
Whilst UCF may facilitate training and equipment supply related to law enforcement, intelligence, crime scene preservation, anti-trafficking and prosecution, we don’t get involved in operations to do with the above. These we leave to the dedicated entities who specialize in these areas and who have the official or legal mandate to do so.